Sunday, July 13, 2014

Scrappy Summer Sundays Week 3






Welcome back to Scrappy Summer Sunday.   On week 1 & 2 I went through basic construction, now it is time to build up this mini book. I started by getting out my bags of scraps and finding large sizes that I can cut into 4"x5" mattes.
After I found the papers I liked, I used my paper trimmer to cut my mattes and pages for the small flaps. Then I also trimmed other scraps into banners, flags and arrows.

Now I start gluing my mattes in and creating pages.  To make the pages I sandwich the paper between the the small flaps.  This creates a page that is approximately the same size as the the rest of the album.
I made sure the pages matched each other. However, because I was working from scraps they weren't all facing the same direction.  I am not really bothered by this, because I wanted this project to be fast and free. I feel like it won't be that noticeable in the finished project with all of the embellishments I will add.
Here is a look at week 3.  I love using the small paper bags to create pockets for journaling.  I'm not pleased with the way the pictures are laying, so I will be matting the pictures in the future.

Next week we will be working on the binding.  I will show you how I am going to reinforce the binding and decorate it.  I hope you are enjoying this series.  Stay with me for more.

Cya



No comments:

Post a Comment