Sunday, July 6, 2014

Scrappy Summer Sundays Week 1 & 2

So I have been kind of MIA for a while... Since January yikes, its worse than I thought.  The Cake Spinners and my hobbies have taken a backseat lately.  I have been working hard to try and graduate from school.  I have been pursuing a Bachelor in Culinary Management since July 2010, and it is beyond time for me to get serious about my senior project coursesAlthough I have been working hard, family, and charity work have been taking it's toll.

Well I'm coming back this summer to bring you a cute little summer mini album similar to the December Daily.  There is anywhere from thirteen to fifteen weeks of summer for us, so I will be bringing weekly posts of this album. 

I have made this album with scraps from a previous project.  I used eight scraps that were approximately 8'X5", and 5"X2.5".
 I folded each scrap in half horizontally and wove the pages together by cutting a 2.5" slit along the fold line of each 4"X5" folder, and inserted the smaller scraps.

This made it easy to bind the pages together and space the pages apart for heavy embellishment.
Here is a look at my first two weeks of the summer.


As you know if you have seen my December Daily, I love the Instagram format.  So I usually make small albums and print small pictures.  This time around I decided to try out Walgreens new 4X4 printingI did have an issue with the pictures I ran through Framatic.  The outside frames did not show up in their printed format.  So I have decided to continue this project without using Framatic.

Stay tuned, next week I will go through how I finished the construction of the book, and built up the pages.

Happy Summer
Cya
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment